Other Social Media Channels
- Myspace experienced the biggest drop, down 12% and with an estimated audience which is now smaller than that of Tumblr.
- Quora is a question-and-answer website where questions are created, answered, edited and organized by its community of users.
- reddit is a social news website where users can post links to content on the web. Other users may then vote the posted links up or down.
- Facebook is the most popular social media platform in Ireland, with 1.3m people using it, according to new research.
Digital behaviour analysis firm GlobalWebIndex also found that:
- Twitter, which attracts an estimated 410,000 users each month, has a 17% penetration, compared to a global average of 22%, putting it in fourth place.
- LinkedIn performed better than expected, GlobalWebIndex said, with 12% of Ireland's internet users actively using it in the past month, well ahead of the global average of 9%.
Stats via https://www.globalwebindex.net